By: Brandon KelloggDeltona, FL (July 13, 2011) –
The West Volusia Regional Chamber Government Affairs Committee and the City of Deltona are sponsoring the Hurricane Preparedness Expo to be held on Tuesday, July 26th, from 5pm – 8pm at Deltona City Hall, 2345 Providence rd., Deltona.
Emergency Management officials from the City of Deltona, Volusia County, State of Florida and Federal Government will be on site to discuss preparedness and safety issues, and after the fact needs.
Additionally, local business leaders from various industries will discuss insurance, roofing, electrical, and plumbing information and more!
The Atlantic hurricane season officially began June 1 and ends November 30. the National Hurricane Center predicts that it will be an above average summer with 12 to 18 named storms, 6 to 10 hurricanes and 3 to 6 major hurricanes, which are Category 3 and above.
The Hurricane Preparedness Expo is FREE and open to the public. For details call: 386-490-4606.
- Hurricane Expo This Saturday | mauivents.com
- Hurricane preparedness seminar to be held July 17 in Bonita Springs
- West Regional Library to host hurricane preparedness seminar – Press-Register
- Emergency Preparedness Expo
- Get free advice at Emergency Preparedness Family Expo, 9/7/2010 – Reporter-Herald, Loveland, Colo.